The Bush Temple of Music building at 100 W. Chicago Avenue was built in 1901. It designed by architect John O.E. Pridmore and served as the headquarters and showroom of the Bush and Gerts Piano Company. In its second life, the historic building has been transformed into boutique apartments. The building is a designated Chicago landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The French Chateauesque building was restored to keep the original historic value and architectural details. Over time, a significant amount of the cast iron decorative frieze work around the doors and windows were destroyed or damaged. ARI reproduced several hundred linear feet of decorative frieze sections, using molds made from the original cast iron frieze, to replace the damaged areas. The contractors desired a lighter weight material to use in lieu of cast iron, so ARI researched and proposed using a product made with concrete and an engineered salt cord for structural strength. The castings were finished to match the original cast iron surface and color, creating a seamless transition between the old and the new.